Contact lenses provide a fantastic alternative to glasses. Glasses work well, but sometimes feel uncomfortable or are simply not practical for activities such as sport, dancing or socialising. Contact lenses perform well in these situations. We fit contact lenses, provide advice and take responsibility for your follow up. Our services include:
- A discussion about your lifestyle and what you would like contact lenses to do for you.
- A comprehensive eye examination to determine the condition and health of your eyes, assess your vision, eye co-ordination and the corrective lenses required.
- Selecting the most appropriate contact lenses for your needs, eyesight, corneal shape and eye condition and ensuring these align with your corneas, give great vision and comfort.
- A teaching session showing you how to use and look after your contact lenses.
- A review with your lenses 10-14 days later to ensure they are performing well and are comfortable, that you are seeing well and that your eyes show no underlying problems.
- A comprehensive review with your contact lenses at least every 12 months which is important to ensure your eyes and eyesight are maintained in their optimum condition.
Our responsibility is to look after the health and wellbeing of your eyes and eyesight. If there are any contact lens-related problems from contact lenses we have supplied, we take responsibility for solving those problems – there can be no buck-passing because we both prescribe and supply the contact lenses. When worn with the correct guidance and management, you can have a great lifelong relationship with contact lenses that can be comfortable, healthy and safe.
Specialty contact lenses:
Our highly experienced Optometrists use the latest equipment and contact lens technology to provide our patients every possible means of vision correction. If regular soft disposable contact lenses are not suitable for your prescription or your lifestyle? Bigland & Cowley Optometrists are able to tailor contact lenses to meet your needs. Currently, we tailor contact lenses for:
- High Astigmatism
- High Myopia
- High Hyperopia